Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Article base on My Trip Experience At Korea



Usability Design Improvement for Bathroom Tap(Valve)
NormalMJ
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
normal@utm.my


Picture 1: My trip to Busan Korea.
Busan, Korea is good place for tourism because they have a lot of mountain and nice beaches. They also have countless shopping mall with good branded items conjunction with their busy port for shipping coming from all over the world especially the Asian countries.

Picture 2: The Arpina Hotel
Here, I’m interested to contribute my comment and suggestion about usability design improvement for tap valve in bathroom at The ARPINA HOTEL. My experienced live at ASEAN countries and United Kingdom and also my experienced tour in the Euro countries, the Middle East Asian encounter the problem to adjust water temperature in bathroom according to my need, not cool and not too hot. This situation wasted a lot of time and water during shower.

Picture 3 : Tap Valve in The Arpina Hotel.
The strength of this tap valve (see picture 3) is really easy to adjust the temperature user need. Just one time adjustment. However, it had a little bit problem with sign to change water flow from bathtups to shower. The best usability design for sign should show the user at first glance and user sure enough to use it. Since the transaction between water flow bathtups to shower like changing the car gear from one to two, it is feel quite heavy and stake compare to changing temperature adjustment.
If the user is first time using this valve especially women, they not going to push hard for the afraid of broken it. So my suggestion is changes the sign. And then this product will be one of the best valve tap bathroom in the world like in the picture 4.


Picture 4: NormalMJ(2009) Suggestion for the Sign Design Improvement. Universiti Technologi Malaysia.

1 comment: